Monday, December 31, 2012

Plans for the new year

Untitled by alington
Untitled, a photo by alington on Flickr.
As 2012 comes to a close, I have a chance to look at my overcrowded dolly cabinet with an urge to change. I hate to look at my past new year resolutions and see how I've failed to complete them, but it's a new year, isn't it?

This year, I'd like to clean up my collection a little by selling a few of the dolls I have that don't get much attention. This will unfortunately include my recent FR:2 collection, and also my last Fashion Teen Poppy.

I also have a few Franklin Mint dolls I've been hanging onto for a project that I realize is just not going to happen. They have to go.

A few of my Tonners have to be sold. And then--I am overwhelmed with Steffie-faced Barbies. I am working on Volume II of Steffie: Out of the Box, but I don't have room to add my new girls. Selling a few of the girls I have would provide some extra funds for this next project.

Then, there's my long list of BJDs. I have a huge want list, and they are wonderful. I have a few resin fashion BJDs, and I wonder if they are really getting the attention they deserve, or if I should cut down on a few of them as well.

Heartless? You all would never sell a doll, much less an entire collection of dolls? I suppose that is fine--but I consider it upgrading or streamlining--trying to sell the dolls I like for the ones I truly love. And each year, it gets a little harder.

2 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: I like to read your future plans. Happy New Year. We keep in touch in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Let's hope you are a bit more successful in YOUR New Year's Resolutions than the one I made this time last year:

    http://fashiondollreview.blogspot.com/2011/12/new-years-resolutions_31.html

    Grand Total of NEW dolls added in 2012: 21
    Grand Total of new BODIES added in 2012: 0
    Deciding on no more New Year's Resolutions: Priceless
    For everything else, thank goodness I DON'T have a MasterCard!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...