Tuesday, December 23, 2008
I have started changing my displays with the seasons. Here are my Christmas dolls. (I've become rather attached to some of my dolls, and they stay up year-round.) I took several photos. My theme is red or winter.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Check out my real life photos of Cynders, one of my latest additions. She's gorgeous and kind of gothic, even in her pink outfit. She's covered in ostrich feathers, iridescent tinsel and chiffon. I love her. She even has a little tiny mouse in her tiara. Enjoy!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
- To make a nice even number in your doll collection.
- Your spouse or significant other makes a crack about not needing to have life insurance on you, since he can just sell your dolls in the event of your untimely demise.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
- My most popular sculpt is Tyler (1.), followed closely by Sydney, then Shauna and Daphne are tied for third place.
- My most popular hair color is brunette, followed by blonde, then raven.
- Blue is my most popular eye color by far, followed by brown, then green.
- I save an average of about 35% off retail prices (on average) on my purchases over time, counting brand new, collector's, rare and used items.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
You can compare her promotional shots on Tonner's website.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Photos courtesy Tonner Doll Company.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
- Evening dress
- Day wear ensemble
- Knit dress
- Bath robe
- Undergarment set
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
- You already have that one.
- It gives your husband the willies to see more dolls in the dark of the night.
- Your mailman asks your husband how he likes his new doll.
- Your kids keep asking, when you die, can they have your dolls?
- Your kids keep asking for food.
- Your don't have any more space in the closet for another 16" x 6" x 4" box. [He must have measured, or taken a good look, I guess.]
- Your friends refer to you as "that doll lady."
- Your family refers to you as "that doll lady."
- Your husband starts to refer to your collect as "the mutant fashion army" and mumbling about a preemtive strike.
- Your husband comes up with what he thinks are ten good reasons why you don't need another doll.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
- A long-awaited release you've been waiting for finally arrives at your local doll shop
- You find a great deal on Ebay
- You find a great deal on a message board, online forum or doll club
- You come across a grail at a great price
- You discover a small inheritance
- You get into an argument with a loved one and get really angry
- You're in a shopping mood
- You gain ten pounds unexpectedly
- You lose ten pounds unexpectedly
- Who needs a reason to add a new doll to your collection? That's why it's called a collection, isn't it?
Monday, October 20, 2008
- The souvenir doll, Ultra Basic Goth Tyler, complete with coffin bag and mini skull lapel pin. She'd actually be a fantastic Anne Boleyn!
- Surprising sweet-faced 22" Wicked Witch 22" American Model, LE 100 centerpiece. She was a purchase. Notice her new articulation!
- Wicked, a gorgeous Lana sculpt, LE 200 convention exclusive purchase
- Just another Year, Ellowyne Wilde with Sybil, LE 350 (convention debut)
- Evangeline Ghastly in Blue Moon (LE 300)
- From a Dreary Lunch: Agnes in Wretched Whimsy (LE 100), Viktor in Despondent Dandy (LE 50) and Sister Dreary in Marvelously Morose (LE 150)
- DeeAnna Denton debut--the first issue--Hostess with the Mostess, LE 50
- Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, special edition LE 300