- Warehouse Finds - When Tonner finds unusual, retired or other dolls in the warehouse, you will find them at this link. As of this post, there is an Artist's proof of High Sea's Elizabeth Swann ($279.99), Cynders ($139.99), Deliciously Deco Louise ($99.99), Snowflake ($99.99), and a Ultra Basic™ Trio of Sydney, Esme and Mei Li ($165.00).
- Going, Going, Gone - You'll find all the last editions here, the final pieces, and an occasional good deal. When your favorite dealer is sold out, check here! Plus some exclusive dolls can be found here, as well. Most of these are retail, but you'll find some sale prices, too.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Monday, March 29, 2010
Her outfit is a custom one-of-a-kind outfit by Nancie of Nankatts.
See more photos of Sky on my Flickr photostream.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
She's a large-bust, white-skin Peak's Woods BJD, with a special artist face-up, eyelashes enhanced with glitter. I still need to sand just a few seamlines, and she needs body blush (of course), sueding, and possibly to be strung a bit tighter. (She doesn't stand very well.)
The fabulous gown was included. (I had to take her home with me when I "met" her at the BJD meet yesterday. Ms. Cholong from Boutique Doll had her for sale. No, I do not want to "Boutique Doll" a recurring transaction, darn it!! Stupid Quicken, quit asking me that!)
I just adore her. She came with a different wig, but I think Lynea (by DollHeart) suits her better. Plus DollHeart also has a powder white one that would be totally cool as well.
See the rest of her first photo shoot on Flickr. I took outdoor photos this morning!
Saturday, March 27, 2010
And... I left with a new doll. I've had my eye on one for a long time--a Wake-Up sculpt from Peak's Woods, and Cue was at the top of my list for the last year. And indeed, she came home with me. I couldn't pass her up in her one-of-a-kind Rococo gown.
You can see more of the doll photos on my Flickr Photostream. So many gorgeous dolls!
Friday, March 26, 2010
I believe I have the Baby Girl B, white skin, and she is only jointed at the shoulders and hips, but she's very tiny--only 8.5 cm (3.3 inches)--and she doesn't really require any other jointing.
They are carrying both MSD and mini sizes, too. Riz is the sculpt on my list. Though Roseanne and Tara are also adorable.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Her hands a bit larger than some dolls, but she has lovely sculpted fingers. I find her wonderful and spooky.
Friday, March 19, 2010
More photos from the doll meet last weekend.
Tonner Dolls in the back row: Supernova Luna (the golden skin and golden-haired doll) uses the Samantha sculpt. Prince Charming Groom is dressed in the white tuxedo.
Then we have... a NuFace doll. I know who this is. Possibly Nadja R? (I need a brush-up on my FR and NuFace models.) And then... is it a 12" Joe Tai doll perhaps, wearing Dressed to Thrill from the Jason Wu event I (2005).
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Another photo from the doll meet on Sunday:
Career Raven Tyler Wentworth (I think, with bangs cut), dressed in Capital Investment (a Tonner outfit from 2002) on the left
Backstabber (she may be a Supergirl sculpt, but again, I'm not positive), who is absolutely amazing. She's a Sinister CIrcus Tonner Doll exclusive from the Modern Doll Collectors Convention. I love her hair.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
I saw this doll and snapped photos at a doll meet on Sunday. The theme of the meet was Red Carpet and Mod looks.
You can see more photos on my Flickr photostream, if you like.
Monday, March 15, 2010
I'm pleased with how she turned out. I've blushed her body, and added some highlights to her face. I finally used some Liquitex gloss to her lips, eyes and cheek to make some tears. I think it's very cute, even though (as I now recall) it's a few days before your newborns actually make tears of their own.
My friend Jen made a little diaper for her, so she doesn't have to be naked anymore. I need to find her a little onesie, too. Cute little baby!
You can see some more photos, including my progress photos, on my Flickr photostream. (And don't be a chicken like me when it comes to adding pastels to your blank dolls. Once you get going, it's really fun.)
Saturday, March 13, 2010
She's dressed in a one-of-a-kind Mod Alice outfit by Nancie of Nankatts.
You can see more photos on my Flickr photostream.
Friday, March 12, 2010
She's dressed in ImplDoll shoes, and a dress and jewelry by me. This is my very first attempt at a gown; like many of my sewing projects, the gown didn't come out as well as I'd hoped, but it could have been worse. It's black crushed velvet with green beads sewn on.
See more photos of Goldie on my Flickr photostream. I'm still trying to find a wig and eyes that don't suit her. She's pretty amazing.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Plus, now all Fairies of Color will include an extra pair of hands (which will have completely separated fingers for easy ring wearing and better posing). No price increase.
Oh, as if I needed another sculpt to tempt me into getting another Peak's Woods doll! She's lovely!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Items placed in your shopping cart aren't guaranteed available until you complete the checkout process. If only a few pieces remain of a particular item and other customers have them in their shopping cart and complete checkout before you, they may disappear from your cart.Also, they recommend that you check your login and password prior to the sale, as the site will be running more slowly than usual.
- Powergirl™ Deluxe - middle of April
- Glowing Muse Basics - middle of April
- Juxtaposed - end of April
- Dance of Death - middle of April
- "What My Lamb Gonna Wear?" - end of April
- Amanda Evert - middle of April
- On the Fringe - middle of April
- Centennial Rose Patsyette® - middle of April
- Brother Dreary™
- Black Magic
- Sealing the Deal
- Harley Quinn™ Deluxe
- Falling for Her
- Spot On
- 57th and Fifth
- Minty Fresh
- Backstage Invitation
- 2010 Miss Piggy Basic
- Alice Kingley
- All Antoinette Mannequins
- Decay and Decadence
- All Dressed Up Like Racehorses
- Dancing on a Cloud
- And the Award Goes to...
- Fame and Fortune
- Woman of Passion
- A Gimlet for the Lady
- Monica Galore
- That's All She Wrote
- Track Shoes
- Hiking Boots
- Casual Sandals
- 25" Aimee is available nude (random wig, with a face-up and random eyes) for $595. Seams are already sanded and doll is assembled. You can pay in full or reserved with a $100 deposit. Only ten are available.
- Aimee as Dark Alice. She includes the Cheshire Cat created by Art Rogers from Chatham Village Bears. Outfit by Gale Torres from the Wee Wardrobe. Face-up by Leah Lilly. This doll has glass eyes and a synthetic mohair wig. $895, which can be paid in full or reserved with a $200 deposit.
- Aimee as Light Alice. She includes a Flaming created by Art Rogers from Chatham Village Bears. Her outfit is by Gale Torres of the Wee Wardrobe. Face-up by Leah Lilly. This doll also has glass eyes and a synthetic mohair wig. $895, which can be paid in full or reserved with a $200 deposit.
- Aimee as Blue Alice has already sold out.
- The Light and Dark Alice set has also already sold out.
- 17" Frannie is a BJD dressed in a Red Riding Hood outfit, with a wig, eyes and face-up. She can be reserved with a $90 deposit or paid in full for $395.
- 17" Zoey comes dressed in an Alice in Wonderland costume with a wig, eyes and face-up. She can be reserved for $90, or paid in full for $395.
- 5" Anya comes dressed in a random outfit with a random wig and random eyes. She includes a face-up. She can be reserved for $40 or paid in full for $140.
- 5" Gayla comes dressed in a random outfit with a random wig and eyes, and includes a face-up. She can be reserved for $40 or paid in full for $140.
Tonner has released the promotional photos for several dolls from the 2010 line. Check out the website for the full details, and visit your favorite Tonner dealer to pre-order these dolls.
From Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland line:
- Iracebeth, The Red Queen $199.99, LE 1000. She's 16" with a pale skin tone and blue eyes, and an extra large head. She wears the Queen's gold and red gown with a flocked bodice, sparkling stomacher with contrast stitching, and high collar, lamé sleeves with ruched overlay and ribbon trim. The skirt is made of red brocade with gold heart embroidery. She also includes a petticoat, gold boots and jeweled crown.
- Mirana, the White Queen $189.99, LE 1000. She's a platinum-haired doll with a unique pale skin tone as well. She's wearing her shimmering white and silver snowflake trimmed gown trimmed with mesh and ribbon, complete with an apron tied with a chiffon bow in the back. She's wearing a rhinestone necklace trimmed with net ruffles, and is white faux leather boots.
- Strider, Ranger of the North $149.99, LE 1500. He stands 17" tall with blue eyes and brunette hair, complete with a costume replicated from the film. He's wearing a cotton shirt. faux leather jerkin, trousers, belt, boots, glove, and detailed leather coat. He also includes a sword.
- Arwen Evenstar $144.99, LE 1500. She's 16" tall, with blue eyes and flowing brunette hair. She's dressed in a pale blue crushed velvet gown with lace sleeves and metallic sleeve drapes. She is also wearing faux suede boots.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Plus now she can show off her new 18mm gray acrylic eyes by Glib.
I'm pretty seriously considering giving her some new eyelashes--I just don't think these short ones are long enough for her. But I'd hate to wreck a perfect face-up because I'm being, well, anal, about my dolls. But wait! Isn't that what doll collecting is all about?
See more photos on my Flickr photostream.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
I liked Lan before--both for her affordability and size--but now, she's just amazingly gorgeous. She came out even better than I was expecting. I'm so happy with her!
See more photos in my Flickr photostream.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
The dress is made from silk and has delicate lace trim. Currently, there is only one of these in stock at her shop, but I bet when she sells out, she would gladly make you another.
The quality of Jen's items are really amazing--I have a lot of her items. I highly recommend her professional service, as well!
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
The Doll Market has Queen Elizabeth I by Madame Alexander on sale for $189.97 (retail $259.95), from the History of Fashion - Couture Series. I have to confess, she was one of my hopefuls for a while, when I was collecting the Tudor wives. I thought she'd be a great addition to Henry VIII's wives, actually, as Anne Boleyn's daughter.
I think her outfit is more than lovely, and actually, appears to be historically accurate. I think she's quite wonderfully done as a doll as well. Madame Alexander 16" sculpts seem to have a very serene feel to them.
If you haven't ordered from the Doll Market before, I can recommend them. They are very nice to work with, and they also have flexible lay-away plans, too. Additionally, they've recently added quite a selection of ball-jointed dolls and Pullip to their robust line of inventory.
Monday, March 1, 2010
One of the things I like best about BJDs is that you can change their eyes and wigs for new looks almost instantly. And once you have a few dolls of similar size, they can switch off easily.
I also have full-body shots of her new look in my moderated photos (they are tastefully done) in my Flickr photostream, if you'd like to see her body blushing.