Friday, September 19, 2014

Steffie of the Day: Barbie Style Midge

Midge

I found a new Steffie on Amazon the other day. She was new to me--which is unusual, but not impossible. Seeing as I wrote the book on Steffie--well, two books, and am now working on a third--I shouldn't be surprised--but I was, and quite delighted!

This is a playline doll from the Barbie Style collection, on an articulated body--like the original Life in the Dreamhouse, in fact. She differs from the original LitD Midge, though, in that her head is more to scale and her hair is a paler shade of red (more strawberry blonde, in my humble opinion).

I think the retail price on these dolls is around $20-25, but Midge was closer to $30 when I bought her, but she has since dropped in price (of course).

The selling point on the dolls is their outfits! They have really great clothes, fun to mix and match. My favorite outfit is Barbie Style Raquelle Gold-Denim Jacket Doll, who has a great jacket, shorts, gold sparkling tights, and a denim shirt. I'll add a link to both her and Midge below this post. But Midge's outfit is really cute in a country chic way, too. She includes:

  • an aqua cardigan
  • a lace collar shirt
  • polka dot capri jeans
  • red peep-toes
  • a silver bracelet
  • a red watch
  • silver earrings
  • white glasses
  • a brown shoulder bag
Plus, she's got long applied eyelashes (mine are applied a little weird--I ended trimming them a little), smooth hair, and a nice articulated body for easy posing.

You can see more photos of her, and also comparison photos of her with Life in the Dreamhouse Midge, on Flickr.



4 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: great purchase. I have these two Barbies. Raquelle and Midge are my favorite. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just purchased my first Style Barbie this week (with the fur jacket), and I love her! I think the lashes do it for me, and the pretty well made clothes :-). Your Midge is adorable, the sunglasses are too cute. Great purchase!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Steffies and I'm a sucker for freckles, hence my Midges and Pippi collections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you added her to your collection! I bought one a month or so ago, and she's one of my favorites. She's so pretty, and her accessories are amazing. I love the sunglasses and the pink watch.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...