Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Henry's Wives

I thought I should post an update of my Wives of Henry VIII collection on my blog.  You can see the full-size pictures in my gallery.
  1. Wearing the Queen of Club's Gown, Catherine of Aragon, Henry's first wife, the Spanish bride, delivered Henry a daughter, Mary Tudor (Bloody Mary). He divorced her, and she died (probably of grief or poisoning), since she could not give him sons. The doll is the Wicked Witch of the East, Basic.
  2. Anne Boleyn is wearing the blue gown with gold trim and lace. She was Elizabeth's mother. She was beheaded (because she could not give Henry sons, and on trumped up charges of "adultery"). My Anne doll is a basic raven Ashleigh from Two Daydreamers.
  3. Jane Seymour was Henry's third wife. She gave him Edward, Henry's only son, and died in childbirth. I'm using a wheat blonde Jane doll for this queen, and she is dressed in a gown that my seamstress friend Jen created for me.
  4. Anne of Cleves was married to Henry for only about 6 months before she was set aside (divorced) as Henry's most beloved sister (because he didn't like her). She did manage to outlive the king, however. The Queen of Clubs (Betty Ann sculpt) is my model, and she is wearing the outfit from the Wicked Witch of the East.
  5. Kathryn Howard was Henry's youngest wife. She was beheaded for committing adultery (she was probably only 19 or 20 years old, but she may have even been younger). She was a cousin of Anne Boleyn. My doll is a golden Stella (Cherished Friends exclusive), wearing Eilzabeth's court gown and Noel's halo as a crown.
  6. Katherine Parr was Henry's last wife and nurse. She was widowed and outlived her husband. My doll is a redhead Ultrabasic Shauna (from Angelic Dreamz) in Royal Portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...