Thursday, January 8, 2009

My January display


My January display, originally uploaded by tac_stamper.

This is a current snapshot of my January display: the living room, the hearth and the bookshelf.
The wives of Henry VIII, it was recently pointed out to me, tend to be a bit of a downer to those who know their story--since only two of the six women actually survived their husband to tell their tale. My point in having those dolls is to pay homage to their sacrifice, I suppose--seeing them in a beautiful three dimensional doll form almost makes their story more real than reading in a history book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...