Sunday, December 28, 2014

Steffie of the Day: City Shine Barbie Look - Gold Dress

City Shine Barbie Look - Steffie

The latest Bill Greening Steffie is really a cutie, and I'm relieved to see a new Steffie in Mattel's 2014 line-up--just barely, as she hasn't reached shelves on the west coast yet. She is for sale for $19.95 on Barbie Collector, or perhaps a little more from your favorite Barbie dealer. (I used my quarterly discount toward my purchase!)

She has rooted lashes, brown eyes, and the LA Tan skin tone. I think the combination is quite pretty with her hair. I can't wait to take her out of the box and restyle her.

Also, her dress is not quite as bad as I was expecting. I have to confess, glitter isn't really my thing, and this is a really glittery dress. The good news is that it doesn't look like the glitter will just flake off over everything--like that saying about glitter goes. And the structured style is pretty modern. It's better than lamé would have been, I think.

Her plastic jewelry isn't too bad, either--considering it's plastic. She uses a Model Muse body, of course--super slim, not very posable, etc.--but her skin tone looks very close to several Liv body donors, I think (just for you Frankensteins among my dear readers). I think she'd be a great candidate for a hybrid!

You can see a few more boxed photos on Flickr. I'll hopefully be taking her out of the box soon.

2 comments:

  1. She's gorgeous!

    I have to ask... is she from China or Indonesia, and can you tell if her head is full of glue like a lot of the more recent Mattel dolls? I really want this one, but I already have a ton of dolls to re-root.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm--good question! Her box says Indonesia. I still haven't debated her yet, but I'll check her head for glue. I haven't seen this problem with any new acquisitions lately--but I don't debox everything, and also, I may not be buying the same dolls. The latest Midge (Barbie Style) doll seemed fine, and her hair was quite nice, too.

      I wonder, though--with rooted lashes, I bet they do add glue to the inside of the head to get them to stay on. Perhaps this is causing the excess?

      Delete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...