Sunday, October 26, 2008

La Mode 1920s Bordeaux Tyler in real life

From the 2002 Paris Fashion Doll Festival, this is a limited edition doll of 250.  She's an original straight-arm Tyler, which makes her harder to pose than some of my other dolls.  I know I could update her body to a bendy-wrist style, but I don't know if I have the heart to do it.  
She's got gorgeous blue eyes and rooted, short curly hair. Original face-up, just like Tyler.  Her short flapper-style gown is perfect for my historical collection.  I just love the iridescent silk and beading.  This doll actually looks a lot like a friend of mine, Susan Drain, that I met when I lived in Pennsylvania.  (She's just as gorgeous.)
You can see her original promo shots here.



 

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a pretty doll if that were a person she would be loved by so many. I think sculptures are nice to have in your corner so you can have a actual body figure to help decide things the look great on people I can vision clothing and shoes on the doll and think of how it would look on me or me friends so I think this is a nice topic to discuss. Check me out at chunkyestmama.blogspot.com please.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...