- Gravely Giddy, Catwoman, Delicious Deco Louise, Wrapped in Luxury, Tea with Coco, 22" Belle, Miss Melly Hamilton, Professor Dumbledore, Bellatrix Lestrange, Arrested at the Altar, Bella Swan, Edward Cullen, Dancing with Carlos -- in stock
- Agent 99, Dancing with a Spy -- beginning of April
- Winkie Guard, Reading to Alice, Bordeaux, Vivaciously Vintage, Baby It's Cold Outside, Lunch with Daddy, Torch Song Goddess -- middle of April
- 22" Cinderella, Merry Ol' Land of Oz -- end of April
- Cinema Siren, Bubbling with Charm, Spotted by the Press, Cover Shoot -- middle of May
Monday, March 30, 2009
- Antoinette™'s dimensions and measurements
- Whether Antoinette™ can share clothing with Tyler (yes, for some items) and vice versa (no, for the most part)
- Whether Antoinette™ can share shoes with Tyler (no, since her arch is higher and feet are bigger)
- Whether you can swap heads with Tyler dolls (no, since the neck sizes are different)
- Why Antoinette™ does not have a swivel waist
- All about Antoinette™'s skin tones
- That more facial sculpts will be added at a later date
- When the collection will be shipping (mid-summer!)
- That the Amusing sculpt was an introduction doll, and the production doll will be slightly different.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
She's about 17" tall, about MSD sized. You can check out the rest of her photos on my Mobile me gallery.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
She's really articulated also--like the other Dynamite Girls--and she's fun to pose. Her hands pop off for easy dressing. My daughters just love her little bear. (They are already pestering me for Spooky Sookie, too!)
TJ's face is gorgeous--perfect natural face-up with natural brown eyes, real eye lashes. Plus her fingernails and toenails are painted--and you can see her toenails in her little strappy sandals. This little diva really has some sass.
Monday, March 23, 2009
The Dynamite Girls is highly articulated--wrists, elbows, knees, waists, etc.--and they have lovely face-ups with real lashes, with gorgeous facial sculpts and terrific detailing on their clothing.
Jolly Jett's faux fur jacket closes with a hook and eye, and removes easily. She is wearing a strapless tulle gown underneath with several layers, and it snaps in the back. Her raven hair is held in place with lots of gel and a blue hair bow. She also includes a fun jingle bell wreath to celebrate the holidays--but get her now for your collection anyway--she's a bargain at just $45.
I'm tempted to find the platinum-haired Jett--the FAO exclusive in the red dress now, as well.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
This doll actually came from Cliff in Hong Kong--he's a user on Prego who I can highly recommend. Check out his Doll Page--he's got tons of great hard-to-find items. And he's just great. Prices are more than reasonable--and, fluke or not, my True Royalty doll arrived in only one week (instead of the quoted two weeks).
Be sure to check out her full photoshoot on my Flickr gallery--I've been practicing with the macro lens and the light tent. I've used the black velvet background and two remote flashes, which gives a fun effect on these photos.
I just love playing with Goth Alice by Goodreau Doll. Her resin really luminesces. Her blue eyes look almost alive--even my three year-old was a little freaked out by their liveliness.
You can check out her full photoshoot on my Flickr gallery. (She even can stand alone, with no stand.) I've had some fun with my husband's new macro lens and his two remote flashes.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Some fantastic specials are available at The Doll Market this week. If you're a Narnia fan, this is the time to get those Narnia doll (which are a different scale than Tyler Wentworth and friends).
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
- Goodreau dolls and outfits - limited items are left, but there are some great sales on these guys, plus many have free shipping! (16-17" resin and vinyl BJD, outfits, wigs and shoes are on sale.)
- Plusczok sale -- all pre-2009 child dolls are on sale.
- Amazing Tonner clearance sale -- lots of retired items available at 20-40% off.
- Amazing Effanbee clearance sale -- again, many retired items available at 25-42% off (lots of Brenda Starr items!)
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Ultimate Glamour BJD Ashleigh is a new ball-jointed beauty available now for pre-order exclusive through Two Daydreamers. Her retail is $600, and she is only being produced in an ultra-limited edition of 75 pieces. If you pre-order her through March 20, you can save $30.
My first American Model has made her grand entrance. La Belle Grande is an appropriate name for this gorgeous 22" beauty.
Her pale white skin is dramatically made up and set off with dark pink lipstick. She has real eyelashes, but they blend in so well, they are hardly obvious. Her outfit is a two-piece skirt and jacket. The skirt is a huge taffeta bubble, in a sparkling blue-gray. The jacket is a sequined gray lace with a fur collar, very low cut. To finish her look, this beauty included two beaded necklaces, earrings and a feathered hair pin with silk flowers and a bow. The details are just amazing.
I love how large this lady is, and I'd love to add just one more to be her friend. Every collector should have at least one of these dolls, but they do require more space than other dolls. I wish she were a bit more articulated, though--with bending wrists--so she were easier to pose.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
So maybe she isn't really getting a migraine. But these little ladies sure prefer not to remain on their stands. This is another recent addition to my collection--super soft face-up, with a French manicure (and pedicure, under those tough-looking back-zip gladiator sandals).
See her entire photo shoot on my Flickr gallery. I look forward to your comments.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
She's my first Hollywood Royalty doll, and I just love her. She photographs like a dream, even when I can't figure out the settings on my husband's camera.
Her details are amazing. I really love her patent shoes and bag. She's just such a classy lady. I think she's an awesome addition to my collection. Check out my full photoshoot on Flickr.
Her corset actually laces up to close, so you have to unlace it to get her into it--I don't think I'll be dressing her up again anytime soon. The rest of her outfit is really fun, though--and she's terribly photogenic. What a fun doll she is!
From Mark's Action Figures & Fashion Dolls Forum, check out this post from Elizabeth, and see what you can do with your Fashion Royalty doll boxes! It's a simply ingenious idea!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Let me just state it again for the record. Officially smitten. Bitten by the Fashion Royalty bug. For good. Yikes.
This is Queen V, Veronique, a limited edition of 450 dolls, a Dollybird exclusive from Japan. I found her at an amazing deal from AMC Collection. She includes this gown with an Elizabethan style lace collar and funky gold metal heeled shoes, two rings, the fancy necklace, plus a lingerie set with a functioning garter belt and stockings, and boots. (I'll have to do a second photo shoot with the second outfit at a later date.)
These are photos experimenting with warm and cool style lighting. I used no flash while taking these photos--only a flashlight, which I used at different angles, and natural lighting. For her complete photoshoot, please visit my Flickr gallery.
I'm officially smitten.
I've finally seen the crossed over to the dark side and crossed the official "scale" line. I have to say, Integrity Toys dolls photograph beautifully. To see the rest of Adele's photoshoot, visit my Flickr gallery.
A limited edition of 1200 dolls, Adele Makeda is wearing Hollywood Torch Song. I just cannot believe the details that went into her outfit, specifically her tiny little feet and separated toes. She includes a necklace, bracelet, earrings and glamorous sunglasses as well.
Monday, March 2, 2009
This is another recent addition to my collection. Mrs. Coulter Oxford Dinner was originally a limited edition from FAO Schwarz. She includes her daemon orange monkey, as well.
Her gorgeous gown is layered on top with sequined stretch lace, and the skirt is a golden, flowing satin. Her shoes are really amazing as well--tiny beaded satin pumps. She didn't include any jewelry, however. Her hair is an intricate up-do. I think her likeness to Nicole Kidman is spot on.
You can see the rest of her photo shoot in my Flickr gallery. Enjoy!
- 16" Flexi-Pose™ Agnes Dreary™ (LE 200) for $139.99 (plus you get a free rag doll Agnes when you order this doll, while supplies last)
- Decadent Dalliance Angelina (LE 200), dressed in a gorgeous new empire waist evening gown with multi-toned lace and an oversized sash for $$159.99
- A tempting new Deliciously Deco Renée (LE 200) for $139.99 in a black fringed flapper cocktail dress with silver micro-sequins
- This Side of the Rainbow (Judy Garland sculpt, teen body, LE 150) has auburn hair and a variant outfit from the Wizard of Oz film for $124.99.