Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Tiny Kitty returns...

Pink Champagne by alington
Pink Champagne, a photo by alington on Flickr.
I am thrilled to see Miss Tiny Kitty Collier return to Tonner's fall/holiday 2013 collection. She has the bendy-wrist articulated body we last saw in 2008, and she's a great poser.

This lovely lady is a split from Dreamcastle Dolls. I bought Garden Club Luncheon nude, since I have to have a raven in my collection. Her outfit is from Pink Champagne.

I normally don't care for gloves, but I slipped them on the first try. I was even able to fasten the bracelet easily. I have always adored this little lady's 1950s vibe and style, and I will admit, I was excited when she (and her cohort, Dinner Dance) arrived. They literally took my breath away!

The only two improvements I can suggest are:
  • A better stand. Even a saddle stand would be better than the original--though Kaiser stands work fine, I suppose.
  • A knee redesign. (I know, I know. I'm picky.)
See more photos on Flickr!

2 comments:

  1. I hope this is the right place to put this -- I wanted to thank you for the book Ball-Jointed Dolls for Beginners. I was studying the idea of BJDs, just poking around the edges of this new hobby I knew nothing about, when Iplehouse released The Addiction: Lisa. And it was love at first sight! I ordered her after a week of agonizing about it ("What are you doing thinking about a doll!!!") and then panicked about what I was getting into ("I just spent $600 on a doll!!"). So I immediately ordered your book. It was invaluable at calming me down and making Lisa's arrival seem less daunting. Now I'm gathering supplies and getting ready for her instead of panicking and keeping her in her box forever. So I wanted to thank you, and let you know that I am studying this book closely!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a morning person, this is the PERFECT place to thank Alison for the work she put into that book - she was THOROUGH, wasn't she?

    By the by, Alison, love your pix of Tiny Kitty, too. You just pushed me over the edge to get MORE of the little darling, but she will have to wait until after the first of the year!!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...