I think dedicate this display to my Alice in Wonderland dolls. I will redo each cube into a scene from the book, and make each cube into a miniature diorama. I have enough dolls to do it, I am sure. But I will need some accessories, I think. Here are several ideas I have so far for the eight cubes:
- Down the rabbit hole: I'll need dark sides and a back wall, with shelves on the sides (they should have books and jars on them, and a mini jar of orange marmalade). I'd like to display Alice as though she's falling. Maybe a grass floor?
- The hall of the doors: Black and white tile floor, with doors on the wall (maybe print these with a perspective), and a tiny door behind a curtain. I need a "glass" table, key, and "drink me" potion and "eat me" cake. I think I want the mini Alice, trying to reach the key.
- Alice getting stuck in the White Rabbit's House: I think I'd use my Peak's Woods doll (she's the biggest) to make this scene. She also almost fills up this cube, too. I'd make her posed as though she's growing.
- Alice and the Caterpillar: An outdoor scene in the grass (oversize), with the Caterpillar smoking a pipe. I haven't decided if this will be someone dressed as a Caterpillar or a figurine or stuffed animal. And I'd like to make a mushroom.
- Alice rocking the pig/baby: Maybe the Duchess should be here, and maybe she should be inside the Duchess's house. I'd like to have the other dolls dressed up as the characters from the book.
- Alice and the Cheshire Cat: I'm pretty sure I want the cat to be one of my dolls, sitting in a branch of the tree. Though I don't have any doll who grins like that. But maybe I have a figure who would work.
- The Mad Hatter's Tea Party: Not only do I need a Mad Hatter, I also need a March Hare and a Dormouse, table and tea set.
- Alice playing croquet with the Queen of Hearts: I'd need a flamingo for the croquet, some playing cards, I bet, and a Queen.
This really sounds like a fun project! I can't wait to get started!