Saturday, May 11, 2013

My morphing collection

My morphing collection by alington
My morphing collection, a photo by alington on Flickr.
It's happened again! Not only have I been shuffling around my fashion dolls, but my BJD collection is going through a change as well.

In addition to adding more realistic sculpts to the line up, I've found that my fascination with Alice-themed and historical/Rococo era outfits have fallen by the wayside in favor of more contemporary styles. These can be a little difficult to find. However, I like several things about them:
  • First, they take up a lot less room to display and store.
  • Second, they are fun to mix and match. It's fun putting together pieces from several fashions and creating a new look. The versatility reminds me of playing with fashion dolls.
  • Third, you have the option of formal wear in additional casual looks, so you aren't stuck with a single style.
Here, Peak's Woods Briana and Lottie are modeling two new outfits from Angell-Studio. Briana is in Modern Forest Suit, and Lottie is wearing Blooming Rose. Briana is in a DollHeart wig, and Lottie is in a Leeke wig and DollHeart shoes. I think the outfits are really cute--well made, and simply adorable.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, how am I not following your blog???

    I've found the same thing over the years with bjds... the fantasy type outfits are cool, but for everyday storytelling and life, totally useless... they're more for dolls who will stand on a shelf and do little else.

    But yeah, isn't it weird how hard just normal clothes can be to find????

    If you haven't checked out my blog, my Steffie blog is: http://travelingtwig.blogspot.com
    ... I'm really excited about your books and can't wait to get my hands on that combined edition!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...