Tuesday, May 7, 2013

When a grail isn't all you'd hoped...

Celebration in Paris Tyler Wentworth
Every once in a while, I think I just wait too long to obtain a grail doll. My anticipation builds too much, and then when she arrives, she just can't meet my expectations. This has happened to me recently with the arrival of Celebration in Paris, a Paris Fashion Doll Festival Tyler Wentworth from 2009.

I have to say, she is a lovely Tyler 2.0 sculpt. She's got beautiful platinum blonde hair, styled in short curls. She has amazing red lips and blue eyes. Her black dress is dramatic satin and tulle, with a ribbon belt and a rhinestone buckle. Her jewelry is fantastic, too: two bracelets, a necklace and earrings--all dripping rhinestones. Even her peep-toe shoes are cute and trimmed with sparkles.

I wish she had more dramatic facial screening. I may have waited too long to add her to my collection. She's just not for me. I find she's taking up too much space in my cabinet, and I have to let her go.

I have her listed in on the DollPage Show & Sell for what I paid. I'm hoping someone else will be able to give her a good home and appreciate her, and her limited edition (only 100 were made!), for what she is.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I can see from this post that I have been LUCKY, so far, with my Grails!

    I think you're right, and the timing of the acquisition of this particular Grail might be the biggest problem - you had too much time on your hands to build her up, more and more, in your own imagination, until she had an impossible appeal that the doll in person, just can't "live" up to.

    I do hope you can get the price you are asking for her, she IS quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she is lovely and she has always been a Grail of mine too. I wish I could give her a good home but the money tree is behind schedule so far this year. I think she would fit in perfectly with my gals especially Regina I who rules my collection. Are you open to the concept of trades and do you have a trade wish list? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do, in fact, have an extensive trade list. You can see it in the listing, or also on the WTT Forum on the DollPage: http://www.thedollpage.com/ads/forum/index.php?id=1376

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked at your list and alas only have one doll that you are looking for, I have a Resort Daphne who has been in her box for quite some time. I did not bond with her and have stored her nude. I still have her original outfit. I searched ebay but none have sold recently and I do not remember what I paid for her, but she was NRFB when I got her. Her hair has not been touched. I can send pics this weekend if you would like. I estimate her at around $85.00 in her original outfit, box, stand and shipper. Are you looking for any 16" outfits in particular that perhaps I might have and could use to bring down the total to something I might be able to afford? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, why don't you drop me a line? alison at fashion doll review dot com. I'd love to chat! :)

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...