Saturday, August 29, 2009
- Miss Astronaut Barbie Vintage Reproduction $49.95 retail (based on the 1965 original), shipping spring 2010
- Registered Nurse Barbie Vintage Reproduction $49.95 retail (based on the 1961 original), shipping December 2010
- Student Teacher Barbie Vintage Reproduction $49.95 retail (based on the 1965 original), shipping December 2010
One of my favorite shops, Still Plays with Dolls, has an amazing deal right now on resin Whisper and resin Secret ball-jointed dolls (both MSD-sized dolls by Goodreau). These girls retail for $310, and they are on sale for $155.
- Holiday Gala
- Very Valentine
- Absolutely Aspen
- Black and White Ball (I love this one!)
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Several fun new Barbies have caught my eye at Angelic Dreamz--these are available for pre-order now (billing is in full):
- 2010 Barbies of the World Italian Barbie $29.95 - ship date December 2009
- 2010 Barbies of the World Russian Barbie $29.95 - ship date December 2009
- 2010 Barbie My Favorite 30th AA Barbie Doll $45.99 - ship date December 2009
- 2010 Barbie My Favorite Vintage Swirl $45.99 - ship date December 2009
- 2010 Barbie Peaches N Cream Barbie Doll $45.99 - ship date 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
Sunday, August 23, 2009
I've made my first attempt at body blushing a ball-jointed doll, and I'm hooked. My guinea pig was Whisper, a resin BJD by Goodreau, 17" tall. Here are some safe results, which I've uploaded to Flickr.
The technique is super-easy--I'm (really) no artist. All it takes is some soft chalk pastels, some acrylic spray primer (I used All Purpose DullCote by Testors), Magic Eraser to clean the doll before I got started, and some brushes--an angled one, a tiny one, and a large round soft one for blending.
I have, of course, uploaded all the results to Mobile Me and also to Flickr, if you'd like to see the rest of the photos. But don't look at those if you're offended by photos of nude dolls. I have some before/after photos of what nude Goodreau bodies look like without body blushing as well.
I really like how the shadow adds more life to the doll, especially on her collarbone. I will definitely be doing more of my dolls like this. It's so much fun!
Friday, August 21, 2009
- Down the rabbit hole: I'll need dark sides and a back wall, with shelves on the sides (they should have books and jars on them, and a mini jar of orange marmalade). I'd like to display Alice as though she's falling. Maybe a grass floor?
- The hall of the doors: Black and white tile floor, with doors on the wall (maybe print these with a perspective), and a tiny door behind a curtain. I need a "glass" table, key, and "drink me" potion and "eat me" cake. I think I want the mini Alice, trying to reach the key.
- Alice getting stuck in the White Rabbit's House: I think I'd use my Peak's Woods doll (she's the biggest) to make this scene. She also almost fills up this cube, too. I'd make her posed as though she's growing.
- Alice and the Caterpillar: An outdoor scene in the grass (oversize), with the Caterpillar smoking a pipe. I haven't decided if this will be someone dressed as a Caterpillar or a figurine or stuffed animal. And I'd like to make a mushroom.
- Alice rocking the pig/baby: Maybe the Duchess should be here, and maybe she should be inside the Duchess's house. I'd like to have the other dolls dressed up as the characters from the book.
- Alice and the Cheshire Cat: I'm pretty sure I want the cat to be one of my dolls, sitting in a branch of the tree. Though I don't have any doll who grins like that. But maybe I have a figure who would work.
- The Mad Hatter's Tea Party: Not only do I need a Mad Hatter, I also need a March Hare and a Dormouse, table and tea set.
- Alice playing croquet with the Queen of Hearts: I'd need a flamingo for the croquet, some playing cards, I bet, and a Queen.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Friday, August 14, 2009
Hooray--my first DollHeart outfit has arrived, and I love it. It's called Alice Fantasy. Peak's Woods Sky is modeling here. She's also wearing shoes and a wig by DollHeart as well. (I pre-ordered these pieces from Still Plays With Dolls, who has excellent customer service, and offers a discount to Players Club members (!!), who are shoppers who spend over $100 during a year.)
The outfit includes many pieces, and it was easy (and fun) to get her dressed:
- A short-sleeved cotton dress with ruffles, ribbon and lace trim
- A pair of white cotton sleeves (they button to the dress sleeves)
- A white pinafore with blue ribbon trim
- A white tulle petticoat
- A shorter white cotton petticoat
- A pair of black and white socks
- White bloomers with blue ribbon trim
- An oversized blue hair bow with lace trim
I'm sure this won't be my last DollHeart outfit. It's wonderfully made, and very detailed. And the wig--wow! It's amazing: very full and a perfect fit for Sky. And her perfect color, too--I never noticed how golden blonde her eyebrows were till now.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
If you're on the fence about buying a Kim Lasher doll--just do it. Anya is my most photogenic doll ever. I'm not a great photographer, and even I have a hard time getting a bad photo of this lovely girl.
This is Anya, dressed in a gorgeous crocheted top (a OOAK which I'm sure that Brenda would recreate for you) by Froggy Duds (look them up on Etsy--they are AWESOME with great prices and amazing quality!), and in a Michele Hardy wig (sized for a Peak's Woods doll, but I'm borrowing it here--isn't it sweet?), and her original Kim Lasher skirt.
I think she looks like an angel. I need another Kim Lasher doll. I would be dead if I ever passed by a Kim Lasher booth at a doll convention--really! My husband would probably kill me.
More full-sized photos on my Mobile Me gallery, or the rest of the smaller-sized set on Flickr. Enjoy!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
This is Marvelously Morose Sister Dreary, a convention doll from the 2008 Tonner Doll Halloween convention. She's an amazing doll--if you don't own a Sister Dreary sculpt, you need one. She's a wonderful sculpt from any angle.
This doll has been redressed in an amazing OOAK piece by Nancie of www.nankatts.biz. It's based on a previous set of mod Alice in Wonderland outfits, only in a darker version:
- halter-style dress in a shiny polyester fabric with black lace trim
- matching sleeves with ribbons
- gorgeous black floral lace tights
- blue dangling earrings
And Nancie even made a different set of sleeves and bow, which will show up in a separate photo shoot, but I ran out of light this evening. The hat, choker chain necklace and shoes are from her original outfit.
You can see a few more photos on Flickr, or you can see the full photo shoot on my Mobile Me gallery. Enjoy!
- Two outfits (Covered in Darkness and Tea at the Morgue) are listed for $39.99, which is at least half off retail.
- Another two outfits for your bigger girls (Dinner Date and Little Black Dress) are listed for $55.97, which is a savings of nearly 40% or more.
- Two 16" dressed dolls are on sale, Batgirl and Harley Quinn (Cinderella sculpt), listed at $79.97 (savings of $50 and $60 respectively).
- Your choice of three adorable porcelain tea sets are on sale at about 40% off: cherubs, purple roses or pink hibiscus.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
- Fruits of Passion is listed at about $104.50, a 25% savings. This gorgeous doll has long wavy chestnut hair, and is wearing a cute red bikini underneath a teal romper, and mustard peep-toe slingback heels and sunglasses complete her look. She was released in July 2009.
- Honey Wild is also listed at $104.50, the same 25% savings. This blonde beauty has brown eyes, and is wearing a black blouse with a tie, and a grey sleeveless hoodie, black ball cap and a black skirt, white tie boots and black socks. Her release date is August 2009.
Monday, August 10, 2009
My Michele Hardy collection on display together: I bought most outfits individually, one on a complete doll. Some of the wigs are by Michelle as well. From the back to the front:
- Peak's Woods Sky with white skin (wig also by Michele) - her shepherdess outfit was inspired by Alice in Wonderland
- Goodreau Whisper (in Roxie wig by Monique Gold) in an Alice in Wonderland outfit
- Mod Alice (Uniti sculpt) - outfit and wig by Michele
- Destini (with smiling faceplate and stock JRock wig by Monique Gold) - shepherdess outfit by Michele
- Harmoni (wig by Michele) - exclusive set Precious in Pink to Sweetheart's Dolls
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Friday, August 7, 2009
Plus enjoy free shipping in the US when you use the code EBK at checkout (international customers--use the code EBL and save $9.95 off your order). This offer is valid only on orders over $75 and expires on August 20, 2009 at midnight.
- hand painted face-up
- light blue eyes
- light blonde hair
- blue dress and matching hair bow
- white leggings
- white leather mary jane shoes
Thursday, August 6, 2009
- Morphoa. She's a full-set, and costs as much as nude Peak's Woods doll with a face-up. I'm not wild about her face tattoo, but I do like everything else. And she's got the funky hair color going on--plus she's got a larger head and big eyes, so I think she'd look great next to Sky. She's my top choice from this line.
- Clovera. Of course, she's the doll who first got my attention, since she's dressed as Alice. I love everything about this doll--but she looks too much like Sky already, only a tad more cheerful. I think I'd want a doll that was a little different. Maybe I'll buy her outfit, though.
- Violeta. This is an interesting doll. I like her, too--mostly because of her rather, well, crabby (?) expression. But I'm not sure I'd like her mouth in person. But her eyes are gorgeous.
- Beeta. She's really cute, too. Almost androgynous, she'd be an excellent friend for Sky as well. But I don't care for her outfit, and I think I prefer Morphoa's sculpt (especially her eyes) over Beeta's.