Friday, December 4, 2009

Sydney as Anne Boleyn


Sydney as Anne Boleyn, originally uploaded by alington.
Yes, I still love historical dolls, and I still am nuts about English history. This is a former Sydney on the Rocks doll (she was a Chelsea's Cottage exclusive doll), redressed as Anne Boleyn, Henry VIII's second wife.

This Sydney is one of my all-time favorites--her face seems rounder to me than some of the others, and her face-up is very natural. Plus, her dark hair (while not terribly long) is just gorgeous.

The gown and hood are hand-made, one-of-a-kind creations by Jen of JennyGrey. The gown is made of dupioni silk, and it's fully lined. She even sewed pearls along the neckline (and hood) as trim. The sleeves are chiffon, which match the hood as well. The jewelry is from the Elizabeth Swann Court Gown doll (from the Pirates of the Caribbean collection by Tonner Doll).

I have more photos of this gown on another doll on my Mobile Me gallery, but I was only able to get this shot of Sydney yesterday, due to my mischievous kitten, Lily. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...