Monday, May 21, 2012

Back from my first Tonner Convention

The Parrot - Antoinette sculpt, LE 100, Flights of Fancy centerpiece - so gorgeous!
I'm back from my first Tonner Convention - and I really had a blast! I'm exhausted, and ended up shipping some dolls home, which will be here Friday. I do have some to shoot, which I plan to do today, and a lot of blogging to catch up on, and more will follow.

For now, please check out some (really lame, I'm so sorry!) photos on Flickr from the convention. I can say I am really thrilled about the convention dolls. And I have to say--I really am most surprised and delighted about the new Marilyn Monroe doll. I think she is gorgeous--the photos I've seen of her so far really don't do her justice, and I can't wait to see her more.

We saw an amazing presentation of her--so much I didn't know!--including that this "curvy" lady was 5 feet and 5.5" tall, and 140 pounds at her heaviest. To me, that's not very curvy! And certainly not today's size 14. At any rate, her usual weight was 117 pounds.

At any rate--lots more to come!

4 comments:

  1. It was so nice to meet you and Carolyn at Robert Tonner's seminar! It was a dream-come-true convention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so great to meet you, too!

      I loved being able to put faces with names/handles, finally! It was so much fun!

      Delete
    2. And OMG--the CAMI convention doll! How much fun is she??? :)

      Delete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...