Before you consider leaving feedback, if your transaction was less than satisfactory, contact the seller first. Make sure you have resolved any issues up front before you leave feedback. Most sellers value positive feedback highly, and will often go out of their way to make sure their buyers are happy.
Also consider the original item description. Did you ask the right questions and request all the right photos? Not all collectors collect the same types of dolls. If you are a mint collector, you need to be extra careful when purchasing pre-owned dolls. If odors both you, make sure you ask before you buy.
On to the feedback forums...
On the Doll Page Show & Sell Site, this is how you leave feedback.
- Click on Member List, and put the buyer or seller's username, in the Search box in the upper left corner.
- The requested user should open in a new page. (Make sure this is the correct user before leaving feedback.)
- Next, click on the username to see/leave feedback.
- All the feedback should come up in the next window.
- Click on Write Review.
- A pop-up window should come up, which is where you leave your feedback.
- Click Submit Review when you're done.
On Den of Angels and other message boards with a feedback forum, you can leave feedback like this:
- On Den of Angels, each user with Market Place privileges has a feedback thread. In their avatar and in their profiles, you can see a link to this thread. Otherwise, you can go to the Feedback Forum and search for their username.
- Once you find their thread, click on Reply To the original post.
- Leave your feedback--make sure you start with whether the transaction was good or bad, keep it short, and stick to the details. Don't forget to include whether the user was a buyer, seller or a trader.
- Double-check your grammar and spelling--you cannot go back and change these thread on Den of Angels for any reason, so be confident in your post before you submit.
If you've bought or sold dolls on Prego, Doll Divas, Pink Parlor/Vinyl Lounge or another board, you can leave feedback on the Doll Community Feedback Board. Anyone can use this forum, but you'll need to register first. Registration is free.
- On this board, there is one forum for positive transactions, and one for negative. Each transaction gets a new topic. Use the user's board ID (username) when leaving feedback. You may not post contact information of any private person on the board.
- Click on the forum you'd like to use: Positive or Negative.
- Click on New Topic.
- Title should include something like, "Great transaction with Alington."
- Leave your review.
- Make sure you use the buyer/seller's username in your message and Tags, so others can find this review later.
- Click on Post when you're finished.
I think most of you know how to leave feedback on eBay. Just keep in mind that only buyers can leave negative feedback for sellers these days. Sellers can only leave non-paying bidders negative feedback (and it's not even negative--it just is a mark for non-payment), and only if they don't pay in a timely manner.