Monday, June 6, 2011

Steffie of the day

Miss America by alington
Miss America, a photo by alington on Flickr.
I just never seem to tire of Mattel's Steffie sculpt. One of the earlier version is this Walk Lively Miss America Doll. She still has the original cellophane wrapper on her head, which, believe it or not, I haven't removed. (It's very tempting, though!)

I was looking through other dolls in my collection--meaning, my Integrity, Tonner and BJD girls--and I was noticing something: They all have kissy or pouty lips--at least, the dolls that tend to stay in my collection do. Isn't that funny?

And even weirder, I like Integrity's new Vanessa sculpt. Oh my god! She must have the world's biggest lips.

Just kidding--about the god part, that is. I do like her. I can't wait to see her in person. I mean, in doll. Or however you're supposed to say that. Long day over here--last week of school! Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. For the record, at least for my record. It's not the lips, but the Eyes that matter most. ~Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. I look at the eyes, too, Ken. ;)

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...