I just ended up adding Cosmic Love to my pre-orders (I'm already waiting for Rebel Spirit). I mean, with my obsession for color--my hair, every room in my house being another color--and Amelie (I mean $125 for an Amelie sculpt?)--wow! It's like IT is out to get me. (Just kidding!)
I'm sure many collectors saw these dolls and thought, "Eeew. Too many colors, not enough black. Too much clashing. Not for me." But if you'd seen them in person...
Let me convince you.
- The line is affordable. Amelie has got to be the cutest face sculpt around. You can't find her new for less than $200 (unless you go to Denise's Wave from Japan seminar at IFDC).
- The outfits. Rebel Spirit: black shoes and white shorts. Brown corset belt. Red purse. I consider those neutral. OK, maybe Cosmic Love isn't that neutral. Her socks are black, her stole white, and her purse is gold.
- Color! Rebel Spirit: mustard coat, turquoise shirt, navy socks. Cosmic Love: pink dress, purple shoes!
- Can you say accessories? Sunglasses, bangles, purse, ring, earrings, socks, belt, necklace, stole...
- Hair. I love their colored hair and Rebel Spirit's funky up-do. I think Cosmic Love might be channeling Rihanna just a little.