Thursday, July 21, 2011

The search for Vanessa.

True Royalty Vanessa by alington
True Royalty Vanessa, a photo by alington on Flickr.
So... I want to know if this is just me, or if it's typical of other doll collectors. I go through these phases in which I become suddenly obsessed with a particular doll or two (or three). The current dolls-of-the-moment:
  • Mattel's Steffie sculpt (which you already know)
  • Poppy Parker
  • Vanessa Perrin
I know my followers have been suffering through my Steffie obsession for some time. Maybe you weren't aware of my slowly growing Poppy Parker collection. I'm not sure I have to have them all (fortunately--my friends and fellow Bloggers Valerie and Kathie have completed their collections to date at IFDC, and I'll be nagging them about a series of posts).

But Vanessa... well, I know a lot of collectors out there have a love/hate obsession with her. I'm not in love with all of them. There are a few I'll definitely need to add. Yes, I ordered the W Club exclusive. No, my True Royalty is not complete. Yes, I most definitely need more Vanessas. My most recent addition is Temptation Vanessa (photos soon!), otherwise known as Bump It Vanessa. I adore her.

What about you? Do you have a sculpt obsession? Who are they? Do they come and go, wax and wane?

What about this: If you have more than one, do the sculpts have anything in common? I happen to: the lips. I like great big pouty lips.

My next question... which Vanessa do you think I need the most? Besides Metal Maven?

6 comments:

  1. I love the Daphne sculpt. Unfortunately, enough other people do to drive the prices for Daphnes sky-high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daphne is gorgeous! You know, Tonner did that one basic Daphne with brunette hair--an LE 300--only $70. I see so much potential, but she just didn't sell.

    http://www.tonnerdirect.com/p-928-ultra-basictrade-daphne.aspx

    My fave is the Cannes Film Festival raven - with short hair. So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the ultra basic one! She's very nice, but I don't get the Egyptian sort of eye makeup. Tempted to take a little nail polish remover and see if I can get those little bits at the edges off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have all the Vanessas and I previously felt I had to have them all but the one released a week ago cured me. I'm free at last.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! :) What kills me is that feeling that I "have" to have them. I understand your freedom!

    This weekend, I attended a Doll Party in Glendale, hosted by Ms. Cholong (of DollHeart/Ruby Red) and the Doll Peddlar - BJD focus. That was able to get my out of the Vanessa mode for a while, and put my dolly dollars over budget for the next month or two. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right now I love all he Poppy Parker's, and the face mold for the new Sabrina dolls. But, after having the Dynamite Girl Jolly Jet in my hands for a hair re-do for a friend, I think I love her.... and would love to get one for myself and do the same thing with her hair. Her face is just darling.
    Roberta

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...