Friday, October 7, 2011

Dress Code Vanessa restyled

Dress Code Vanessa by alington
Dress Code Vanessa, a photo by alington on Flickr.
Finally, photos of Dress Code Vanessa, and my short review of this new girl, are appearing on the blog.

Like many collectors, I was hesitant to see the new sculpt of "Fauxnessa" in person. However, I was excited to see her in real life at IFDC, and I am a fan of her closed mouth. While I admit that she doesn't look a whole like like the original Vanessa, I do think she is a gorgeous new sculpt, and I like her a lot.

Dress Code presents Vanessa as a redhead and in a classic navy dress, which is a little too long and a little too conservative. It's almost a 1940s era length, if I can comment on fashion. Upon deboxing my doll, I was struck by her hair--it reminds me a lot of the Shirred Not Shaken convention centerpiece doll from 2008, only more muted.

So, I did what any collector would do: I used the opportunity to shop for a new dress--in this case, Most Desired Eugenia's gown--which I found almost instantly on eBay for a terrific price, including jewelry. It's exactly like Shirred Not Shaken, only in a gorgeous bright blue instead of black--perfect for Dress Code's eyes and bright lips.

I have her displayed in my cabinet next to Shirred Not Shaken, and they have become fast friends, though Shirred does all the talking.

More photos can be seen on Flickr.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, another "DUH!!" from me, but I must say, I love the restyling, and I especially approve of the lovely shade of blue she is wearing. I don't suppose you have any pics of the dress she was wearing for comparison's sake, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't yet--but I can, and probably should. Well--I have one from IFDC. You can see it here:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/31024825@N07/5935110862/in/photostream/

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...