Monday, January 12, 2015

Full Spectrum Veronique Perrin

Full Spectrum

This is Full Spectrum Veronique Perrin from the 2014 Urban Safari collection. She is one of the many dolls I preordered with the intent to resell but ended up keeping. Originally, I'd intended to order her as a split (the nude doll only), but I loved the way her bright poppy day dress looks with the more muted tones of the Urban Safari collection.

Unfortunately, I ruined one of her hands. I was changing them (or trying to), and it got stuck--it broke off at the wrist. My husband was able to drill out the peg without damaging her lower arm, lucky for me. And I have other extra hands that will suit this skin tone, I believe. I've heard of this happening before; it was just my first experience with it: not fun!

You can see a few more photos of Vero on Flickr.

2 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw her, I knew I was going to buy her. I love the short brunette hair, the eye makeup, the red lip, and the red dress. I still haven't redressed her because I like this look so much. There is something very special about her for me.

    What you encountered is why I have some cognitive dissonance about the Handspeak system. It adds some versatility to the fit of clothes in which the dolls can be dressed. However, anything that can be removed is just another opportunity to break. This happened with one of the Color Infusion hommes from this year's convention (Callum Windsor). I was able to drill out the part that stuck in the arm, but my bit must have been slightly too big, so when I went to put in an alternate hand he came with, it was a little loose. I wrapped the end a bit, and it works now. One of the hands of the Color Infusion females (Adaline?) also broke, but I was able to pull out the stem, so no drilling involved. The fact that it happened once much less twice was disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh--what a mess--especially with those HTF and pricey convention dolls! (I know the secondary market price on the CI Hommes can be steep!) I'm sorry to hear that.

      You know, Integrity will replace bodies at no extra charge. In fact, the last few times this has happened (I had a Poppy Parker rust issue), Alain didn't even require that I send in the original rusty body (or even include photos)--I think because the problem was well established. They just sent a new body for me, which was great!

      However--now I'm faced with the issue of having to remove Poppy's head--which is a little risky. It's Spy A Go-Go who had the problem, and her hair is styled in a flip. I'm just a bit nervous about her hair. :) I'll let you know how it goes!

      Delete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...