Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Seriously... Is this for real?

My husband forwarded this link to me yesterday, and I usually don't believe everything I read on the internet. He send me a link to a list of some of the worst Mattel gaffes ever--some of Barbie's worst moments, and the fact that Barbie is getting an ankle makeover. She has fat ankles. For real? What?

Now, I have seen the pregnant Barbie, and I remember the "math is hard" Barbie--Mom teaches math, and she was absolutely appalled at this one. But Oreo Barbie? In 1997? You've got to be kidding me. Even Mattel couldn't be that insensitive. Could it?

But then, I saw this video, too, which actually shows a photo of one of the most offensive Barbies, which was pulled off the shelf almost immediately. But this YouTube video shows a photo of the actual doll in the box! OMFG. I can't believe it! I think I'll stick to BJDs!

2 comments:

  1. I read about this, too! That French shoe designer has a lot of nerve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just thought that was hilarious! high fashion design-ey types always seem to say the oddest things...

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...