- Ultra Basic Shauna Auburn - an exclusive by Angelic Dreamz
- Cynders (ReImagination), mint and complete (she's never been redressed)
- La Mode Bordeaux Tyler - mint and complete (she's never been redressed)
- Queen of Clubs (Betty Ann sculpt, platinum up-do), nude
- Emerald Evening outfit, for DeeAnna Denton
- Franklin Mint Gentlemen Prefer Blondes outfit (for Marilyn Monroe doll)
- Fierce Subject Kyori dressed doll
- Something Cool Isha dressed doll
- Dressed to Thrill outfit
Monday, September 28, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Previous full-sets have sold for about $400 ($350 for the Cheshire cats). But who knows? Maybe I will win the lottery between now and the 30th! She's just adorable!
Photos courtesy Pipos Doll.
Friday, September 25, 2009
She is 13-3/4" tall, a resin BJD, and the last doll in the Masquerade series. She will come to you with the gorgeous peach princess gown, Disney Mickey Mouse princess tiara and mask. She is a new face sculpt, as well. Her retail is is $295, the same as the other dolls in this series, Gorgeous and Precious.
(Mine is on her way, so you'll soon be seeing real life photos, as I did a split with a friend for a convention absentee package. Hooray!)
Photos courtesy Berdine Creedy.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
This limited edition outfit of only 100 pieces includes a gorgeous ruffled black and red ruffled holiday dress, matching ruffled leggings, black and white striped tights, and a cute coordinating hair bow.
List price is $68 retail, plus $7 shipping (for continental US).
Plus, check out the preview pictures of the next upcoming outfit, Ballerina Pink--it looks so cute! (Kim's outfits are just amazing--they are really well detailed, lined, and very well made. I'm very tempted by both of these!
Photos courtesy Kim Lasher.
- Fierce Subject Kyori (dressed and complete)
- Something Cool Isha (dressed and complete)
- Glam Slam Kyori (nude)
- Dressed to Thrill outfit
- La Bordeaux Tyler (complete)
- Emerald Evening outfit for DeAnna Denton
- Queen of Clubs (nude--Betty Ann sculpt)
I think she passes! I can't wait to swap out her eyes--I have a pair of 16mm (or maybe 18mm) hazel eyeballs I am dying to try out! I think they will really suit her. But all in good time! She's just so much fun.
I'm still learning the intricacies of how she poses. She is really fun to photograph. You can see her full photo shoot on my Mobile Me gallery.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
My very first Elfdoll has arrived, and I don't think she will be my last! She's adorable.
Kai is a flower fairy. She's a full set, including the dress with attached feather wings, face-up, eyes (3mm--one blue, one brown), and wig, which still needs to be attached to the head cap properly.
She stands 14cm tall (about 5.5 inches). She's slim, but has a miniature woman's shapely body. And she also includes magnetic feet--these white shoes and a set of bare feet--which are at the same time simple to change and stay on securely. She also came strung with closed-fist hands, and included a pair of open hands as well.
I was examining how her wrist joints work--I had never before unstrung a doll (and wasn't planning on starting on one so tiny)--when I accidentally unhooked Kai's right hand. The elastic crept up the wrist ball joint, but I caught it before her entire arm came unstrung. I was able to get another (right) open hand hooked back on, as well as the wrist ball joint (thankfully, right side up, on the second try). After the experience, I've decided I'd better learn about restringing dolls, and soon!
I bought her from Lone Star Dolls, who I highly recommend. The doll was not only in stock on Monday, she shipped the same day, and I received her today (Wednesday)--free shipping, too! And she even included an extra wig, for free. I recommend this store highly, and will definitely be ordering again--probably sooner than I should.
See more photos with Kai, including a few posed with Sky and Morphoa (my SD-sized dolls), for a size reference on my Mobile Me gallery. She's so cute! You can even see more extreme photos of her box opening, too.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Finally, Morphoa, my first Doll-Zone SD-sized BJD, has made her arrival. You can check out my box-opening photos here. (Sure, it's a little out of control.)
After waiting so long, I was afraid I wouldn't be as thrilled with her as I would have hoped, and I was also afraid her red eyes and flower tattoo would scare me a little. But I shouldn't have worried: it was love at first sight!
Morphoa is 58cm (almost 23 inches) tall, and she's a white-skin doll, and her eyes are 18mm. She has double-jointed elbows and knees, which is different from my other SD-sized doll, a Peak's Woods Sky. Morphoa can touch her face, cross her arms, and keep her arms posed easily without assistance, right out of the box. Plus, kneeling and sitting poses are easy for her as well.
Her outfit is a little over the top--she has white puffy bloomers with coral and purple trim, a strapless zip-back babydoll top with bells and bows on the front, a collar with chiffon trim, a pair of sleeves with bells and ribbons, striped socks, platform shoes with ribbon ties, and a lace-trimmed petticoat. Her long pink wig is the only part of the outfit that leaves anything to be desired--the bangs look a little thin, but it can be worked with and styled.
The doll also included an extra pair of high-heeled feet, which is nice, and I love the shape of her fingers and elegant hands. Her pale skin is longing for some blushing, though! I just can't wait!
You can see more photos on my Mobile Me gallery. Enjoy!
Monday, September 21, 2009
- Dazzle Tyler, from the 2004 collection. She's the Thank-You doll from the 2004 convention. Isn't she gorgeous?
- Femme en Noir, a Cherished Friends exclusive. Also from the the 2004 collection.
- As Time Goes By Sydney from the 2005 collection. I know I've seen her before, but she's just lovely. Special collector's edition from the Collector's United New Year's Celebration.
- Sydney as Guinevere. There's finally an official Tonner photo of her, and she was a Tonner Club exclusive!
- Most Gracious Shauna - a gorgeous raven Shauna, who was a Thank-You doll for the 2006 convention.
- Finally, a photo of Versailles Tyler (my ultimate grail doll, even still) as Marie Antoinette, from the 2007 Paris Fashion Doll Festival.
- An adorable Rose Royale Sydney from the same Festival
- And ack--what a cool couture Sydney she is--Sydney Confidential--from the 2009 Australian Doll Club of Sydney, a limited edition of 150.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
My first Takara Jenny has arrived, a 2005 Birthday Club doll. She's a limited edition of 1000 dolls, and I found her on Ebay. Her arms and legs are wire-framed, so she poses a bit like Gumby. I think it will take me a while to figure out how to pose her naturally.
Of course, she's in my collection because she looks like Alice in Wonderland. And yes, she has variegated blue hair. Her face is very anime-looking. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but I find it quite cute in real life.
Her outfit is surprisingly detailed--with ribbons and lacing in the front. And her shoes are fun--platforms that lace with ribbon. And she needs a birthday crown. She's about the same size as a Barbie--maybe 10.5" tall or so.
You can see more photos of her on my Flickr account or full-size photos on my Mobile Me gallery. Have a great weekend!
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
- Basic Melanie for $54.99 (regularly $79.99)
- Basic Renée for $49.99 (regularly $69.99)
- Winter Romance Glinda for $75.00 (regularly $150)
- The Bee's Knees Louise Devereaux for $89.99 (regularly $155)
- Batgirl for just $50 (regularly $129.99)
- Cowardly Lion for $79.99 (regularly $124.99)
- Mad Hatter for $49.99 (regularly $99)
- Batman for $50 (regularly $159.99)
- Superman for $50 (regularly $159.99)
Thursday, September 17, 2009
- Tiny Kai, by Elf Doll. She's a full-set, 14cm, with 3mm eyes (one of each color), a tiny womanly body, and includes her little feathered wing fairy outfit. Her feet are magnetic, and boots and bare feet are also available separately.
- Pury Basic White, by LatiDoll. I'd order her as a full-set, with a face-up, wig and outfit. She stands 9.8 cm tall.
- Peya (HandFairy) by DolKot. She's 16cm tall. I think I like the normal skin basic version, but I'd order her with a face-up, and an extra wig.
- Riko by Fairy Garden. Only 10 cm tall, I like the pink skin version I think, with a face-up. Sometimes there are fun full-sets of these dolls on the website, so I may just keep my eyes open for a while.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
I'm very excited to announce that Morphoa is on her way to me. She should be here on September 22, according to the UPS shipping notice I received from the Doll Market. I can hardly wait for her arrival! I also have to say, I got great service from Amanda, and I more than pleased with the Doll Market's lay-away plan.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
I'm starting to fall in love with this girl. This is Taking A Letter Monica Merrill, purchased as a split from www.dreamcastledolls.com. I just got her outfit (also as a split), SoHo a Go-Go. Together, they are divine!
I have to admit, I didn't really like her at first. But with the outfit, she really makes a statement. She's quite an interesting character--reminds me a little of the original 18" Kitty Collier (also by Tonner Doll Company) with her brown acrylic eyes. My doll has rooted red hair, set in a perfect up-do. She stands 16" tall, and she uses Tyler Wentworth's regular bendy-wrist fashion body (with convertible flat/fashion feet), so they can share clothes.
The outfit is very well made. The princess-seamed halter dress is made from chartreuse satin and ties behind Monica's neck. The fun feathered jacket has an over-sized satin bow on the collar. Matching opera length gloves, glass bauble earrings, detailed bow pumps and pantyhose complete the look.
You can see more photos on Flickr or full-size photos on my Mobile Me gallery.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Here's the link to my auctions. Some never-before-seen items I found in my stash, actually (how embarrassing is that?). The list (no reserves on any of these auctions, actual shipping applies, all smoke-free home, but I do have two cats who stay away from my dolls):
- NRFB Candy Girl for Tiny Kitty (it's a cute little 10" outfit from the 2007 Tiny Kitty line, which will also fit Simone Rouge)
- NRFB On The Go Tiny Kitty Dressed Doll (this is the fun blonde with glasses)
- MIB Snow Queen by Tonner Doll from 2008 Fall/Holiday collection (Tess sculpt, mint and complete)
- MIB Idyllic Antoinette (no reserve, and she's mint and complete)
- Nude and mint Emphatic Antoinette (no reserve--must see!)
- Hypnotic outfit only (for Antoinette), complete
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
I've redressed Harmoni (and changed her sad little eyes to brown) as Alice, and also my exclusive Mod Alice (Uniti sculpt) as the White Rabbit (well, sort of), using a combination of outfits by Michele Hardy. Both dolls are 12-3/4" resin BJDs by Berdine Creedy. I also straightened out Uniti's eyes a bit.
You may not be able to tell from these photos, but I've blushed Harmoni. And Uniti will be next, as soon as I refill my sealant supply. It's easy and fun, using pastels. I love the effect!
Tea party accessories are by Rement. I think the petit fours are a Tiny Kitty accessory, from the Christmas Hat Box gift set.
You can see more photos on Flickr, and there are larger photos posted on my Mobile Me gallery.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
- Height. I'd like the doll to be 6" (15 cm) or shorter
- Look. I prefer this doll not to have overly large proportioned head.
- The doll I like best so far looks like a miniature woman, sort of fairy-like, but I'm not married to this idea.
- I'd like her to stand easily on her own, so probably larger feet
- Female (or appear female)
- Expressive face
- Good reviews from current owners
- I'd like to see some real-life photos of the doll, if possible.
- Victoria She's dressed in a jersey tank top, black jeans, white faux fur jacket. She is on the regular Tyler Wentworth flat-footed body (but includes high-heel feet as well).
- Laurent On Matt O'Neill's body, this guy is dressed in cords, brocade vest, and a faux leather jacket.
- James Also on the Matt O'Neill body, James is dressed in blue jeans, weathered faux leather jacket, resin police badge, and lots of fun details.
Saturday, September 5, 2009
My Peak's Woods Sky BJD gets a couple of new wigs. You can see her modeling a chestnut colored mohair wig called Lettie (I believe) by Pupa Paradise. I got it second hand in a lot of three from Ebay.
Sky is also modeling Alice Fantasy, by DollHeart. Here, I've removed the sleeves, which attach with buttons, for a summery look. And also, I've removed the pinafore as well.
You can see a few other photos on Flickr, or some larger photos on Mobile Me. Enjoy your long Labor Day weekend!