Friday, August 12, 2011

1979 Parisian Barbie

1979 Parisian Barbie by alington
1979 Parisian Barbie, a photo by alington on Flickr.
One of my favorite Dolls of the World, this beautiful Steffie sculpt is the original version from 1979. You can see a post about the second edition, released in 1990, here.

The original (this one) has a softer lip color, and her green eyes have a fun "sparkling" effect around the pupil. Also, her hair is styled in a true bouffant ponytail: it's cut short at the base of the pony, to give it extra fullness and lie thinner and wispier at the top.

You might also notice differences in her ribbon choker, her pink (rather than black) shoes, and the feather hair trim. She's just lovely--and one of the reasons I started my Steffie collection.

See more photos of this lovely doll on Flickr.

5 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Very lovely post. When I click on the link to see the 1990 version post, it sends me to an Error 404 page.
    She's such a pretty doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Aubrey--and sorry about the link. It's fixed now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever you do, do NOT try to take down her hair to restyle it. I had one, and I made a REAL mess of a beautiful doll because of that bit of idiocy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so funny, Blue. I actually did that toba duplicate doll, and now... Well, I'm not sure what to do with her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get her rerooted? I was SOO disappointed when I saw that "poodle" hair underneath the pompadour style.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...