Thursday, January 6, 2011

The real reason I collect dolls...


Jacqueline Frost's shoe, originally uploaded by alington.
.... Is because I can't afford to buy these shoes in my own size. Well, if I paid for a no-name brand, I probably could. But really, I prefer the Louboutins, since I adore the flash of red from the sole of the shoe. It's just too clever and, well, flashy, to pass up.

I admit it. Not only am I a doll snob, I'm a fashion snob. OK. I'm out. You've got me.

And no. I don't own any Louboutins. I will, once I find a pair on sale at Nordstrom Rack. Or the thrift store.

Photo below property of Neiman Marcus.
Christian Louboutin Glitter Sling Back Heel.
$775 from Neiman Marcus. No, I'm not kidding.

3 comments:

  1. I'll tell you, this is probably the biggest reason I collect fashion dolls, too. They wear all the clothes (shoes included!) I wish I could wear and have all the sass I wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. That is a GORGEOUS shoe, but designers are insane in their pricing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DITTO for me Allison, LOVE the shoes!
    Great article.
    Shirley R.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...