Monday, August 9, 2010

1971 Walking Jamie


1971 Walking Jamie
Originally uploaded by alington
Yet another IFDC splurge--but look at her! I couldn't pass her up. She also was at another friend's table, and I try to support collectors I know, as well.

This doll is by Mattel, and either from 1971-1972, I think. She's a friend of Barbie, a Jamie sculpt, and was a Sears department store exclusive. She was a "walking" body, and it still works. When you make her legs walk, her arms swing in the opposite direction, and her head tilts.

She also was available in blonde and brunette. And I believe she's closer to Midge in size than Barbie. But super sweet!

She's so cute. You can see more shots of her on my Flickr photostream.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finding one of my holy grails. Beautiful doll.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...