Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Showgirl


The Showgirl, originally uploaded by alington.
A birthday present from my daughter Lauren--a very generous gift--to help me on my new habit of Silkstone Barbies.

Lauren is a great girl to have on my side--never one to scrimp on feathers and sequins. (I'm a little scared, since she's only seven.)

I love this doll, The Showgirl. Pink, satin, beads, glitter, feathers, you name it. A little like a gorgeous, more elegant flamingo. And her right glancing eyes are perfect.

She reminds me a little of Glinda. The very good witch of the north. Or something.

2 comments:

  1. I have a little Silkstone habit, too. Some of them are irresistable! Your showgirl is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...