Friday, January 20, 2012

The Waif

The Waif by alington
The Waif, a photo by alington on Flickr.
A birthday present from my brother- and sister-in-law (from an Amazon gift certificate, what a great present!), this is Tonner Doll's The Waif, from the Sinister Circus line. She's been on my wish list a long time, but because of her 15" teen body, I just have been hesitating.

I shouldn't have. This doll is gorgeous. She's photogenic. Her outfit is beautiful. Her long hair is thick and rave. Her eyes glow. Her face is really gorgeous. I love how she displays with my taller girls.

She uses Alice's Sister's sculpt.

You can see more photos in my Flickr photostream.

4 comments:

  1. I have Alice's Sister, and I really love her, but I'm confused that the head size is so big compared to the 16" dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I hadn't noticed her head was bigger. I guess it's similar in size to the 16" dolls, but so her other measurements are similar, too. I guess I look at her as more of a petite size, rather than younger girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you're lucky you didn't notice; it bugs me. This picture is how I see them next to each other. http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w59/GibsonBelle/My%20Dolls/?action=view&current=ReadingtoAliceheadsize.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see what you mean in the photo. That photo is taken up close with a non-macro lens, and there's some additional curve to the center of the picture, which really accents the difference, too.

    I have mine displayed next to the other Tonner girls in my display, so I wonder if it depends on if you see her as a younger girl or as a petite adult. I suppose I also have some (way) bigger headed girls in my collection, if you count the BJDs, also--so they really don't bother me. ;)

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...