Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Comic Con and Doll Collecting

David Tennant from Dr WhoI haven't finished unpacking from IFDC and I'm only half-way through my laundry - it's not that much, I'm just that slow - but tomorrow I pick up my Comic Con pass and bask in what has become an annual tradition for me. San Diego Comic Con International (SDCC) is held at the San Diego Convention Center every year during the latter part of July. It runs from Thursday through Sunday, with a special Preview Night on Wednesday, for attendees who purchased their four day passes at last year's convention.


Several doll manufacturers and retailers will have booth space in the Exhibition Hall. The Tonner Doll Company will be at booth #4148. They are offering the SDCC exclusive Jonah Hex character Saloon Lilah in the likeness of Megan Fox. She is a limited edition of 200 and retails for $149.99. Additionally, Tonner will premiere their newest dolls from the Twilight series at SDCC. They're making available a few each of Alice Cullen, Distant Devotion Edward, and Bella's Birthday. Each character retails for $139.99. While at the Tonner booth, don't forget to pick up your free TONNER silly band and enter their drawing for a set of five DC Deluxe Character Figures.

Momokos for blog 008If Momoko is your favorite doll, visit YesAnime at booth #305. I'm embarassed to admit that I don't know what else YesAnime carries in their booth. I'm always so dazzled by their assortment of Momokos that I forget to look at anything else! The prices of their Momokos at SDCC are better than what they offer online and of course there's no shipping cost.

For you Pullip lovers, Jun Planning USA will be at booth #4049. As I mentioned in an earlier post, they will have a SDCC exclusive Vampire Byul Lilith. She is a limited edition of 200 and retails for $100.00. I just love Jun Planning's write up of her, "Suspicious & Flashing Sharp Cat Eyes….Vampire Byul is deceiving you." And, "Let’s play chase….I’m the tagger! Can you escape me in the deep dark forest?"

Once again, Mattel will have a presence at SDCC. You'll find them at booths #2945 and #3029. They are continuing their Ladies of the 80's collection by making Flashdance Barbie available at their booth.  Besides Comic Con, she will only be available through the Barbie Collector website or by ordering from select international dealers.
 
Those are the few doll manufacturers and dealers that I can think of off the top of my head. I'll be sure to pay closer attention this year so that I can provide more information for next year. Of course, that's a tall order as the Exhibition Hall is huge and is crammed full of exhibitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...