- I'll appreciate the dolls I do buy when I save for them.
- Instant gratification is for the weak.
- I'll be modeling good financial behavior to my kids. (This is my top motivator.)
- I will stay out of arguments with my significant other.
- I won't have to hide boxes or bills.
- It relieves stress and tension. ("Although, so does shopping," says the devil on my shoulder.)
- It prevents the impulse doll purchase. Those dolls just haunt me.
- It increases creativity--I can sew for my dolls, style them, photograph them, instead of just buying.
- Uncontrollable debt is partly what caused the US banking system to fail, and not where I want to be.
- Anticipation is half the fun of doll collecting.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Top 10 reasons to stay within my doll budget
This is a hard one for me. But there must be ten reasons, right? Or I wouldn't be trying so hard. And I am trying. Really.